The combination of flavors and textures makes these vegetarian tacos truly crave-worthy and will satisfy even the most dedicated meat-eaters.
- 6 tortillas
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of hot sauce (depending on your spice tolerance)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Jalapeño
Measure out all ingredients for the roasted cauliflower and spicy slaw. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Line a 9×13 cookie sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the cauliflower pieces on it in one even layer. Pour over the olive oil, lime juice, spices, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in the preheated oven and roasted for 30 – 35 minutes, flipping the pieces occasionally.
While the cauliflower roasts, make the spicy slaw. Using a box grater, shred the cabbage and carrots and add to a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Taste to adjust seasoning. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrots and toss to combine.
The cauliflower is finished cooking when it is golden brown and fork tender.
To assemble your tacos, place a pile of slaw on the tortilla and top with cauliflower, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro or whatever toppings you prefer!